Monday, April 23, 2012

Where have you traveled?

I'm putting this week's question in a separate post because the post(s) about this last week just don't seem to fit in with it at all.

I wouldn't say that I've travelled a lot in my life. I've been to a town in Ohio, a few towns in Michigan. I took a bus across the country when I was 18, from Indiana to Washington. I lived in Hammond (IN), Cadillac (MI), and Seattle, Federal Way, and now Renton (WA). I've driven to Olympia (WA), Portland (OR), and Spokane (WA). With our business I've been all over the place and I work in Puyallup. So I guess you could say that I've travelled a lot, but I don't really think so. Because very few of those trips were for enjoyment, and though I may have moved over a lot of miles, I think if you don't enjoy it then it doesn't count as travelling.

One day, I hope to do a lot of travelling. I'll spend weeks on Peter Island, a month or so in Ireland, a few days in each of the states. I'll visit England and Germany and Italy, probably Switzerland and Russia and the Netherlands, maybe a few parts of Africa and maybe Japan. I like the idea of travel, I love to experience new things and see new beauty, I just haven't had a chance to make the most of that desire yet. But one day, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment