Friday, May 25, 2012

The song that was stuck in my head this morning:

"Give me a second, I
I need to get my story straight.
My friends are in the bathroom getting
Higher than the empire state.
My lover, she is waiting for me
Just across the bar.
My seat's been taken by some sunglasses
Asking 'bout a scar
and
I know I gave it to you months ago.
I know you're trying to forget.
But between the drinks and subtleties
And the holes in my apology, you know
I'm trying hard to take it back.

"So if by the time
the bar closes
and you feel like falling down
I'll carry
you home.

"Tonight
We are young.
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter
than the sun"


I still don't understand this song. Every time I think I've figured out what it's about, I hear another lyric that I can finally actually understand (it takes a while to know what they're saying) and the whole thing flips again. Nevertheless, it's stuck in my head. Especially the first verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment