Monday, March 12, 2012

My life is routine

Sometimes, it's hard to keep up on these weekly updates. I want to do it, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I wonder if you're not bored. My life, it seems, is so *routine*...Laundry, dishes, sales calls, cooking, dishes, laundry, cooking, dishes....

Now I do have some variation in my routine. Still very little, but some. I'm working with Dearest's uncle...well, for him is more accurate. I relieve his normal guy who manages the mini storage place he runs. It's a nice change of pace, though it's still mostly routine thus far. Check the units, answer questions, rent out trucks, check in trucks, check the units...

At least my coworker is entertaining. I've had some fun asking him to prove or dispel some of the myths I've heard about Mormons...not that he's a "normal" mormon from what I can tell, but he grew up in the doctrine so he gets it more than I would. Plus, it proves for some really interesting conversations. Like:

Me: "So, do Mormons really have special underwear?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "*Really?*"
Him: "Well, yeah. But they aren't magic or anything. Though I like to joke with people: 'Yeah, me n my seven wives are going to put on our magic underwears and fly our carpet to the movies' We don't believe in polygamy anymore either, by the way."

So our week has been routine, for the most part. We've filed an appeal with unemployment and are preparing for that battle, we're continuing to develop customer relations and make money, I'm working two days a week to help out the uncle, and I never - ever - seem to have enough time to stay on top of the cleaning and organizing. I'm also making hats.

Saying that makes me think that maybe I need to work on priorities...but I really enjoy the hatmaking more.

I'm still trying to work my way through that Joel Osteen book I started weeks ago. It's good...just a bit repetitive so I can't read very much of it at a time.

We're gearing up for a good season, I know we are. By the end of the month I'm certain that we will have exceeded Dearest's previous income and will be booked on large, profitable projects and small, low-effort monitoring agreements through the summer. From there, we'll continue working to gain customers, and then the only way to go is up.

I guess, in light of all that, you could say that it's been a good week. A scary week, with our only source of definite income suddenly cutting off, but a good week nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment